For the filling
- 2 cans strawberries in syrup
- 1 large tin of apple pie filling
- 1 heaped tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry jam
For the crumble
- 1 stick of cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- large pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- Drain one can of strawberries and put in bowl. Half drain the other can of strawberries, leaving half of the syrup and add to bowl.
- Mix in cornstarch and jam and apple pie filling. Leave to one side for 5 minutes while you prepare the crumble. The mixture will be runny and slightly pink in color. Don’t worry this will turn into a lovely thick sauce and become redder during the cooking.
- In a food processor, add the flour, salt, sugar and butter and pulse until the mixture starts to resemble bread crumbs. Pulse again so that the mixture starts to slightly clump.
- Stir the strawberries and apples to make sure all incorporated for one last time and then add to dish. Cover with the crumble mixture and cook on 375 for approximately 40 minutes. Take out of oven and leave for 10 minutes to settle before serving.